Oct 14, 2014
Global Spectrum Welcomes More Than 10,700 Attendees to Atlantic City for the 5th Annual Atlantic City Comedy Festival at Boardwalk Hall this Past Weekend
Global Spectrum, facility managers of the Atlantic City Convention Center and Boardwalk Hall, welcomed more than 10,700 attendees for the 5th Annual Atlantic City Comedy Festival at Boardwalk Hall over the weekend.
Fans could not contain their laughter as many of today’s most popular comedians took over the stage at Boardwalk Hall this weekend. On Saturday, more than 5,000 attendees flocked into the arena to enjoy the jokes of Corey Holcomb, Adele Givens, John Witherspoon, Gary Owen, TuRae and Huggy Lowdown. On the second night of the festival, more than 5,700 attendees were entertained by the comedy of Mike Epps, Rickey Smiley, Dominique, Earthquake and Cipha Sounds.
Boardwalk Hall event attendees contributed significantly to the local Atlantic City economy while in town for the festival. A post-event survey sent to online ticket purchasers indicated:
- 59 percent of ticketholders dined in Atlantic City restaurants before or after the event
- 46 percent of ticketholders gambled in a local casino
- 62 percent of ticketholders stayed at an Atlantic City hotel during their visit for the event
- 50 percent spent more than $200 during their time in Atlantic City outside of Boardwalk Hall on food, gambling, accommodations or retail
- 82 percent of ticketholders traveled more than 50 miles to attend the event
Global Spectrum (global-spectrum.com) manages more than 120 other public assembly facilities around the world. Nearly 24-million people attended more than 15,000 events in Global Spectrum venues last year. Based in Philadelphia, PA, Global Spectrum is part of Comcast-Spectacor, one of the world’s largest sports and entertainment companies. Comcast-Spectacor, which operates in 48 of the 50 United States, also owns the Philadelphia Flyers of the National Hockey League, Ovations Food Services, a food and beverage services provider, Paciolan, the leading provider of venue establishment ticketing, fundraising and marketing technology solutions, Front Row Marketing Services, a commercial rights sales company, and Flyers Skate Zone, a series of community ice skating rinks.
# # #